April 19, 2016
This is more of a letter to myself than anything.
I have been focusing on fundamentals more and more, but the reality is that there is still a lot of time and mental energy spent on bullshit. Time and energy that could be better spent on one of two things, which are the only things that really matter to me right now:
1. Growing BaseLang
2. Balance (family, quality time with friends, dating, gym, sleep)
- Twitter completely eliminated (for my personal account, @baselang is handled by our team). My account will stay live but I’ll be logged out.
- Facebook, the DC forum, Reddit, Imgur, and any links that were clicked on from any of those sites are limited to 10 minutes per day total, combined.
- I’m following only 29 people on Instagram now and will check once a day at most, and at the end of the day.
- Using my phone or laptop when I don’t have a real reason to use it. No “checking things”.
- Deciding what to wear every day. I’ll be switching to very cut down wardrobe (almost Zuck/Jobs level cut down) very soon.
- Basically anything that doesn’t either A. move BaseLang forward, or B. involve spending free time with people I care about, sleeping, reading, or any real happiness inducing activity (e.g. surfing web doesn’t count).
New default free-time activities to replace the bullshit:
- Hang out with close friends
- Read a book
- Talk to family
- Work more
That’s it. Don’t do anything on the don’t list, and instead socialize, read, sleep, or work.